In Waco, TX: Texas Association of Community Health Centers is seeking a full-time Family Medicine w/OB Physician who is responsible for providing medical services to the patients of the Community Health Center.
- Provide the full scope of primary care services which fall under physician’s field of training
- Diagnose, treat and provide coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to all patients of all ages
- Provision of prenatal care is an option
- Select inpatient opportunities may be available, if desired
- Become familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of the health Center and work collaboratively to achieve them
- Be cognizant of, and comply with all center policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations
- Clinical responsibilities include provision of direct patient care in an outpatient community clinic for 35 hours per week with 4 hours per week administrative time
- EHR: Epic
No agencies, please. TACHC does not accept solicitations from outside recruitment agencies.
All rights reserved. Users may reproduce or transmit the content in this ad only for private, personal, non-commercial use. The reproduction or transmission of the content in this ad (whole or in part) for commercial use is strictly prohibited, except with prior written permission from TACHC.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school (MD or DO)
- Unrestricted Texas License
- Completion of an approved residency program in primary care specialty
- Board eligible or Board certification required
Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred
Will accept new graduates!
This opportunity is at one of our community clinics in Waco, TX. There are a total of 51 clincal group providers throughout our organization of 17 primary care sites. Our clinic is a large, Federally Qualified Health Center in Central Texas, caring for nearly 60,000 patients.
We pride ourselves on a strong commitment to equitable, evidence-based holistic medical, dental and behavioral healthcare for the vulnerable in our community. Our Community Health Center is a designated Patient Centered Medical Home and coordinates a robust collaborative community health partnership (wellness center, prescription produce program, teaching kitchen, medical legal partnership). In addition to an in-house pharmacy, FHC provides a sizeable network of in-house specialty service clinics (HIV, Hep C, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Cardiology, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Wound Care). Through these various programs, we offer comprehensive, affordable primary care to patients across a broad ranges of demographics. Our passion is to facilitate whole person health and wellness for our patients and community.
We are also deeply committed to the heatlh and well-being of our clinicians and staff. We are focused on reducing burnout, fostering joy in work, and building community and resilience throughout our system and across departments. We work actively to foster a culture of innovation and collaboration and are eager to welcome new staff who share our vision and our goals.
Waco, Texas is a mid-sized family-friendly city in Central Texas equidistant from the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex and Austin with a vibrant downtown and arts culture complemented by the presence of Magnolia, an upcoming multi-million dollar riverfront development and Baylor University with its NCAA Division I sports events. With a notable selection of museums and attractions, and great shopping and dining, Waco also boasts a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities from kayaking on the Brazos River to world-class mountain-biking and hiking trails in Cameron Park, the largest urban city park in the nation after Central park. Our cost of living is low and there are plentiful high quality schooling opportunities. It’s a great place to raise a family!