In Lubbock, TX: Texas Association of Community Health Centers is seeking a full-time OBGYN Physician who will provide primary high quality, comprehensive in-patient and out-patient medical care services to the Center’s patients under his/her panel.
- Develop a plan of care for each patient, including: complete medical history, physician examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and/ or referral, including hospitalization where necessary
- Participates in the Health Promotion/Disease Prevention activities required by the U.S. Public Health Service
- Provides primary medical care by caring for all patients in accordance with the physician’s medical specialty
- Attend all medical staff, PI meeting and other assigned meetings and training
- Use all available resources in diagnosis and treatment, such as laboratory and radiological testing, in an appropriate and cost efficient manner
- Confers with consulting physicians, nurse, patients, and patient’s families concerning treatment and care of patients
- Refers those cases, which require specialist services, but maintains responsibility, assuring that continuity of care is provided
- Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the community health center to meet the goals of providing primary health care
- Recognize own role in marketing of clinic services by developing positive relations with the public in general
- Work with other physicians to develop needed work protocols
No agencies, please. TACHC does not accept solicitations from outside recruitment agencies
All rights reserved. Users may reproduce or transmit the content in this ad only for private, personal, non-commercial use. The reproduction or transmission of the content in this ad (whole or in part) for commercial use is strictly prohibited, except with prior written permission from TACHC
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas
- Board certified or Board eligible
Will accept new graduates!
Bilingual (English & Spanish) Preferred
Our health center was formed as a safety net - the largest in the Lubbock community's health care delivery system - in 1992 under the guidance of the Lubbock Indigent Healthcare Coalition. Sister Mary Kathleen Small led this coalition, which formed our health center under the principal of a hand up rather than a hand out. We have grown from one site in 1992, to now having eight clinics within the city of Lubbock and operating two mobile units that provide medical and dental services to the counties of Lubbock, Crosby, Lynn, Terry, and Garza. Our health center went from serving over 9,000 patients a year in 1992, to serving 26,114 patients in 2016. In 2016, we served nearly 10% of the total Lubbock population, 70% of which were below 100% of the poverty level (e.g., $11,770 or less for one person, $24,250 or less for a family of four). Our mission is to provide quality primary and preventative health care services to those in need, regardless of a person's race/ethinicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, or hardship. Our health center was developed based on the community's needs to fill gaps in service.
Lubbock, TX: Located in a region known historically as the Llano Estacado, Lubbock (pop. 250,000) is a city low on taxes, low on the cost of living, and high on convenience. Its consistently low unemployment rate supports the naming of Lubbock in Best Places for Business and Careers by Forbes magazine in 2008. Lubbock also sports a world class airport, mild climate, three universities, an area lake for recreation, local college football, 6 area golf courses, local artists, hot live music, and delicious regional cuisine. Lubbock is known as the "hub city" since its retail trade area serves 1.2 million. Just a stone's throw from the major metropolitan delights of Albuquerque, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Denver, weekend road trips to reach any of these cities range from 300 to 500 miles.