In San Angelo, TX: Texas Association of Community Health Centers is seeking a full-time Pediatrician to be responsible for delivery of quality medical care to patients of the Center and to function as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Provides clinic sessions, as scheduled, in direct patient care at clinic site, including extended hours clinics.
- Examines, diagnoses, treats and/or refers patients assigned to physician’s panel, on an in-patient and out-patient basis (as per individual employment agreements); prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed i.e. diabetes collaborative/health fairs etc.; attends and participates in clinic meetings / departmental meetings and other clinic functions as required by the Center.
- Provider is responsible for practicing accepted infection control procedures at all times to include attending individual/group infection control training, and to comply with infection control monitoring.
- Participates in the review and development of patient care policies, including health maintenance schedules and continuity of care.
No agencies, please. TACHC does not accept solicitations from outside recruitment agencies.
All rights reserved. Users may reproduce or transmit the content in this ad only for private, personal, non-commercial use. The reproduction or transmission of the content in this ad (whole or in part) for commercial use is strictly prohibited, except with prior written permission from TACHC.
- M.D. degree from an accredited medical school.
- 5 years of post-graduate training experience preferred.
- Must possess a current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas.
- Annual continuing medical education as required by Board specialty; Board Certified.
- Must be registered and have current DEA, DPS and other such certificates to legally operate a practitioner in the State of Texas.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- EHR: NextGen
Spanish preferred but not required!
Will accept new graduates!
Located in the heart of western Texas ranching country, San Angelo is home to three area lakes, with the Concho River running through the city center.
Downtown San Angelo is home to the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts as well as various art galleries, including The Kendall Art Gallery, Ruiz Studio, Black Swan Gallery, The Glass Prism, Bonnie Beesley Rug Gallery, the Wool 'n Cotton Shop, and a host of other art venues. A free trolley service is available to the public. The San Angelo Symphony was founded in 1949 and plays several events a year. Angelo Civic Theater, the oldest civic theater in Texas, presents five in-house plays as well as one traveling summer play to 15,000 people a year.
San Angelo's weather allows residents to enjoy outdoor recreation year-round. Boating, fishing, swimming, water skiing, equestrian trail, bird-watching and wildlife viewing are just a few! Summer temperatures can be moderated by a trip to any of the three lakes that border the city limits. If you have children, you will find a variety of activities for them as well. Several recreation centers are operated by the City of San Angelo, Boys and Girls Clubs, and the YMCA. Organized sports for children include baseball, basketball, softball, saddle club, soccer, and gymnastics. With fourteen public tennis courts, two public swimming pools, two country clubs with golf, tennis, and swimming, and with three additional public golf courses, San Angelo provides everyone with a wide variety of outdoor recreation opportunities.
San Angelo is a city that loves parks! Its "crown jewels" are the parks that make up the 10 miles (16 km) of river frontage on the Concho River winding through downtown and beyond, including many plazas, public art displays and numerous water features. Angelo State Park offers camping, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, boating, fishing and lake swimming. Lake Nasworthy, one of three lakes surrounding the city, which include Twin Buttes Reservoir and O.C. Fisher Reservoir, offers some of the best fishing in the area.
Fall and winter provide some of the best deer, turkey and quail hunting in Texas. For those that enjoy a sideline seat for their sports enjoyment, college football and basketball kick off in the fall and winter with the Angelo State University Rams. Spring and summer professional sports include rodeo at the Stock Show and Rodeo, and the San Angelo Colts with the Central Baseball League and the San Angelo Stampede - indoor arena football.
San Angelo boasts two acute care hospitals: Shannon Medical Center and San Angelo Community Medical Center. With over 200 physicians and 50 dentists practicing multiple specialties, the city serves as the regional medical center for West Central Texas. The city also has over 140 churches in many denominations and one Synagogue. San Angelo has consistently been ranked as one of the "Best Places for Business and Careers" by Forbes Magazine. It is home to both Angelo State University and American Commercial College, the oldest continuously-owned private career college in Texas (and third oldest in America!).